Gå til innhold

Rapport fra Kola: Uke 29A - 2014

André_Brµn

Anbefalte innlegg

TROUT FISHING REPORT WEEK 29A - 2014

15001517409_ba8f42ac95_o.jpg

The week of the dryfly 

We headed for Mystic and Dream K. this year, and the expectations were high! It was a late spring, and a lot of snow up north this year, so we assumed that week 29 would be just about perfect for dry fly activity. And we were right. 

- 79 brown trouts passing 1 kilo

- An average weight of almost 2 kilos

- 12 fish between 3 and 3,5 kilos

And almost all of them on dry flies. 

Some say Kola is a streamer's paradise, but it is actually a dry fly paradise. And a wild, untamed and beautiful one, too. 

15188306455_224bafae4f_o.jpg

The first approach to the Litza river at the place called Mystic, revealed a bunch of large head & tailers. It was so beautiful that we stood there for a long time and just watched them, and commented the beautiful rises. Here, Rolf Tollefsen (22) took a personal best that first evening. A beautiful fish and a happy flyfisher. 

(Photo: André Brun) 

14834690559_b4fa11dd67_o.jpg

The scenery and light was so beautiful this day, that I decided to take a lot of photos of the other young flyfisher in the group, Mathias Østlie (21). And what a day! Mathias made 4 personal records during the week, and this was one of the coolest situations; difficult spot on the other side of the river, that made the dryfly strip after just a few seconds. But he managed the situation like a pro. 

15021050682_0c9d6f1625_o.jpg

And was rewarded with a 3 kilos beautiful wild brown trout. 

15188295035_cab5776db5_o.jpg

Geir Krovoll, a friend of mine who joined me to Kola last year (and is also in for next year) is a really experienced salmon and sea-trout flyfisher, that has taken the brown trout fishing really seriously the past years. 

(Photo: Rolf Tollefsen) 

15188294645_f4487004cc_o.jpg

Life's good! A beautiful trout in the gentle hands of an experienced angler. 

15001528599_ed7ffe0bb0_o.jpg

Sverre Folldal, an experienced flyfisher who leaves no room for the mere chance. He fished hard, got paid, and clocked in at 3,5 kilos at least a couple of times. His second trip with my group, and a very nice and skilled flyfisher. He has fished mostly in the sea for sea-trout and bass, but his skills are easily converted to brown trout fishing it seems. 

(Photo: Tom Løkka) 

15001729578_c17fbf2977_o.jpg

Tom Løkka, I have fished together with on some occations during the years, and when he decided to join the group last winter, I was really thrilled. What a nice guy to spend some days with on the tundra! And at 54 years, he has gained a lot of experience throughout the years. He did really well, and the 'magical 3,5 kilos' did appear at least a couple of times, if I remember right. 

(Photo: Sverre Folldal) 

15001736137_32f02e9853_o.jpg

I got lucky myself. Mystic was a dream come through, with all that rising fish. I just had to throw in a couple of hours with some heavy nymphing in between, and wow, what a thrill! 

15001518649_dffcd30d3d_o.jpg

André Brun with a nice brown trout from Mystic. 

Endret av AndréB
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

15001676920_e1b814b650_o.jpg
A trip with the Kharlovka Company brown trout destinations in Eastern Litza and Kharlovka, is a trip of a lifetime. The fishing is great, but the visit to 'big brown trout city of the world' is much more than that. You may turn the clock back some decades, and will probably discover what the fishing was like in Norway in the past. 

15001626870_b74de8eacb_o.jpg
The fishing is great, but I always try to advocate the opportunity to spend time with your fellow anglers. To sacrifice some of your own fishing time, to spend time with your friends, and make some good shots, is time well spent, I think. Fish by numbers on a white paper, is just fish by numbers on a white paper. What counts are the experiences. 
(Photo: Geir Krovoll) 

15001720088_8d130ec3f8_o.jpg
Did I mention that there were a lot of mosquitos here this week? 

15001621640_66b7086372_o.jpg
A lot. But the trick is to ignore them, and imagine that they are not there (and some bug spray). 
(Photo: Tom Løkka) 

15001729948_918cb77194_o.jpg
In my opinion, nothing compares to the brown trout fishing up here on the Tundra. 

15001723238_a405cd097c_o.jpg
We made a 'drink-a-beer-while-playing-a-2-kilos-trout'-photo last year aswell. The photo is this years contribution to the subject. André Brun. 

15001729137_db97a4883c_o.jpg
Heavy nymphing turned out to be extremely effective. 

15001731447_ab9c28b169_o.jpg
Nymph fishing. 

15001731827_f81df231fe_o.jpg
Tom Løkka is playing a really nice brown trout in Dream Kharlovka. This week was a week dedicated to dryfly fishing. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

15001522919_602acc10bd_o.jpg
We had so many good moments, that we lost count. Here, Mathias Østlie with a fantastic brown trout. 

15001625690_ddd0cd1716_o.jpg
A pretty good view to wake up to in the morning. 

15165274396_329257354f_o.jpg
All you have to do in the morning, is to head for the main tent, where the Russian chef make a nice breakfast, and talk flyfishing in between. We always do. 

15001520799_0eb747c6ab_o.jpg
There is always room for a beer during the day, between all the fishing. Important to enjoy the moment. André Brun and Mathias Østlie.  

15001622540_c601275c90_o.jpg
One of the days, we experienced a spinner fall like no one had seen before. On of the guys said that:"Today, it is more spinners than mosquitos!". And that was a fact this day. It was unreal, and the fishing was unreal. 

15001721638_12c1daeeee_o.jpg
Rolf has just landed a fish, and the Russian chef joined us a couple of hours, and netted the trout. 

15165271236_9ff20b2de3_o.jpg
A perfect catch & release. 

15165278436_1f0a29c26d_o.jpg
One taking a rest, another going for the spent spinners. Tom Løkka and Mathias Østlie, as silhouette heading for the river again. 
(Photo: Geir Krovoll) 

15187926622_33057cd0d0_o.jpg
The group: Mathias Østlie, Tom Løkka, Rolf Helge Tollefsen, Geir Krovoll, Volodya (camp chef) Sverre Foldal and André Brun (group leader). 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ja, treffer du på rette forholda med bugs, så er det helt sinnsykt rått. Jeg stod under spinnerfallet ene dagen og kastet bort på en strøm 30 meter borte på andre siden hvor ørretene hadde linet seg opp. 12 STORE ørreter tok flua mi, men jeg landet bare 4 av dem. LITT tilslagsproblemer på den distansen  ;D  Vi lo da jeg på taket, prøvde å løpe 3-4 meter bakover mens jeg strammet opp stanga  ;D Men det var moro. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Eneste bakdelen var at det ble fort fryktelig varmt i teltet om morgenen  ;D

Kan være ille nok over tid det . Må teste ut den løsningen som sto på forumet her med å male telt med sølvmaling.

PS : Er du sponset av Patagonia nå André ? ser du har så mye fint nytt tøy :)

:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nei, jeg er ikke sponset av Patagonia. Bruker det bare mye  <<l

En god løsning for varme morgener i solskinn er i hvert fall tunneltelt med myggnetting i begge ender, slik at man kan kjøre full gjennomlufting når det er varmt (og mye mygg). Er det mye mygg/knott, så er man jo låst til de løsningene som har myggnetting, og da gjelder det at dem er bra. Privat kjører jeg på Helsport Fjellheimen X-treme og Helsport Svalbard 6 camp X-treme (for når man kan kjøre helt bort) og der er det super utlufting. Bedre enn Svea-modellen, og de fleste andre telt, synes jeg. 

En løsning jeg har brukt en del, når det er veldig mye sol, er å legge fjellduken min på utsiden av teltet, med sølvduken utovervendt. Da holder det seg svalt/mørkt. Vinner fort et par-tre timers ekstra søvn på de to tipsene der, synes jeg  <<l

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Flott rapport, André! Utrolig å tenke på at en folkesky lyrfisker fra sunnmøre har fått opplevd noe slikt :D Hadde en fantastisk tur i fjor også, men årets tur skal bli vanskelig å toppe. Fisket kan nesten ikke beskrives med ord, og man blir like overrasket over kolaørretens brutale styrke og råhet hver gang det napper i andre enden av snøret. Likevel er det kanskje først og fremst det gode reisefølget som har gjort dette til to helt uforglemmelige turer og opplevelser for min del. Føler meg utrolig heldig som har fått bli med på tur, og anbefaler alle å gripe sjansen hvis den skulle by seg!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Opprett ny...