Gå til innhold

Flyfishing Norway

Tobsn01

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi there,

I'm a flyfisher from Germany and found this board cause I'm planning at 3 weeks travel though Norway in next summer. Me and three friends will go by car and want to fish different locations. We want to go for salmon, trout, greyling and even seafishing. Is there anybody who can give me some informations about destinations to go beside the well known tourist spots? Thanks in advance...

Cheers

Tobsn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi there and welcome to Norway..!

I suggest U send a PM (personal message) to TØRRFLUEPURISTEN. I'm sure he will give U a lot of good advices about fly fishing for trout and greyling in the rivers of Rena and Glomma, both situated about 150-200 km north of Oslo. He is only doing dry fly, but even so he's a great guy..!  :) :) :)

Trygve

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rena is obviously a great place to start (trout & grayling). And since you come by car, as you Germans always do ;D , Rena is also geographically well placed, in the south east of Norway, to be a great starting point for your fishing adventure in Norway.

JB 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rena is obviously a great place to start (trout & grayling). And since you come by car, as you Germans always do ;D , Rena is also geographically well placed, in the south east of Norway, to be a great starting point for your fishing adventure in Norway.

JB 

I think it won't make any sense to go by bike, don't you think so ;D? Of course we go by car cause we want to travel around and you are much more mobile by car. Thanks for all the hints and if anybody want to post more, go on, I'm still interrested.

T

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rena is as mentioned an excellent starting point in the south of Norway. Rena is a bit late when  it comes to hatches so July/August is actually when the hatches start to peak (in my opinion). It is a big river however, so unless you're comfortable with fishing Big Water, you might want to find a couple of small-medium sized streams to explore as well. The Rena being a tailwater is also subject to rapid changes in water level.

For sight fishing the extreme upper parts of Gudbrandsdalslågen are good. A bit further down the river grows a bit, but so does the fish. More grayling and some really nice trout. Hatches can be excellent that time of year.

Hemsila is a river you should see while you're here. It is a well managed fishery in beautiful surroundings, unfortunately so well managed that it receives far too much fishing pressure, causing the trout (only species) to be extremely wary.

Since you have 3 weeks to spend you could consider moving further north towards Lapland. Huge wilderness areas have just been opened up for foreign citizens, and when it comes to grayling it might just be the best area in Norway. The mosquitoes are not as plentiful that time of year either. Send me a PM if you want info about a couple of rivers to try out, or if you want me to hook you up with a guide for a couple of days.

I'm not that familiar with Mid-Norway but I know there's fishing that rivals even the best the north has to offer in that area. Mostly trout and lots of grilse.

Good luck :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Opprett ny...